Independence is located at the crossroads of Highway 21 and Highway 58. Independence is a full-service community and serve as a regional center of commerce for Grayson County, Virginia and the surrounding areas.
Independence is located in a State designated Enterprise Zone and a State/Federally designated Opportunity Zone. Great opportunities exist for small and large business owners, as well as real estate investors, in the Town of Independence.
For additional details, please contact Town Hall at 276-773-3703.
Helpful Links for Local Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
- Independence is located in a Virginia Enterprise Zone
- Independence is located in a Virginia designated Opportunity Zone
- Twin County Chamber of Commerce
- Blue Ridge Crossroads Economic Development Authority
- Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity
- Virginia’s Business One Stop
- Virginia Small Business Development Center
Business: $.15 per 100 gross receipts
Professional: $.20 per 100 gross receipts
Minimum is $30.00
• License fee based on gross receipts.
• A license must be purchased before a business can be opened.