Construction & Zoning

When building a home in Town, doing renovations to existing structures, and for additions/decks:

Make sure to check with the Town Manager regarding zoning. Whenever a construction project requires the inspection services of the Grayson County Building Inspector, an applicant must first obtain a certified zoning permit from the Independence Town Manager. There is no cost for zoning permits issued by the town of Independence